This is the newest of my G-Synths & it was the first to have alphanumeric LCD readout! So you could actually write names (instead of just numbers) for the programs this is VERY helpful........
It also has a built in expression pedal which is really cool & convenient. I used this for all the G-Synth sounds on Orgy’s “Santa’s Creepy Secret” and on The Cult Of Personality’s album. It had some great sounds but not enough to integrate it in to my Orgy live rig.
click to enlarge
- Sound source derived from the industry-standard Roland JV-1080 synth module
- Massive wave memory — twice that of the previous GR-30 model
- Ultra-fast triggering with any steel-string guitar via user-installable GK-2A Divided Pickup (sold separately)
- Dedicated Chorus and Reverb processing, plus 25 multi-effects including rotary, overdrive, etc.
- Synth Harmonist feature adds "intelligent" harmony to a single note
- Output Select switch permits use with conventional guitar amps or power amps
- Assignable expression pedal and onboard arpeggiator
- Maximum Polyphony: 48 voices
- Internal Memory: 384 tones, 256 patches (Preset: 128, User: 128)
- Built-in Effects: 25 insert Multi-FX
- Display: 16 character x 2-line LCD, 7-segment LED
- Requires GK2A/GK2AH divided pickup